It’s back to school time!
As your family falls into a new school routine, be sure to incorporate these five easy tips to help fight cavities:
- Brush teeth before school with a fluoride toothpaste.
- Avoid sticky foods in the lunchbox. Treats like fruit snacks and raisins are high in sugar and hard to clear from the grooves of teeth.
- Drink lots of water throughout the day. Drinks like flavored milk, juice, soda pop, and other carbonated drinks should be avoided.
- Keep the after-school snack limited to 10 minutes. Grazing on snacks increase the risk of a cavity.
- Brush teeth at night before bed with a fluoride toothpaste and remember to floss!